Fed cuts rates; crisis over?

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Mon Oct 19 14:59:59 PDT 1998

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, boddhisatva wrote:

> First, you'll have to deal with the fact that American industrial
> capital is now younger on average than Japanese capital for the first time
> in a very long time.

But only because Japan's industrial base, at 26% of their economy, is much bigger than the US industrial base, which is only 18% of our economy or so -- and foreign companies own an eighth of that 18%, whereas foreign ownership of Japanese industries is very small indeed.

-- Dennis