How to Solve the Economic Crisis in Russia?

chang chang at public.shenzhen.cngb.com
Mon Oct 19 18:17:47 PDT 1998

Dear Dennis, You wrote:
> Tax imports, subsidize exports, and soak the rich and spend on
> industrial development, education and infrastructure. For the
> details, study the recent economic history of Taiwan, South Korea, and
> Singapore.

Do you think the Russian government should subsidize exports even if they have no money to pay salary and soldiers' pay? The Russian government should tax imports, but they should not tax imports of all consumer goods such as food.

> > Do you think the reporters are wrong [about Russia]?
>
> Yes. In China, everyone knows that you have to read between the lines
> when you read the official press; in the West, the press is run by
> giant corporations, so you have to read not just between the lines, but
> also between the videoscreens.

Could you tell me what aid the Russian premier has appealed to international communities for? Even if they have no food processing industry, I think, they can eat their food also. Food processing industry is the thing should be done by market. There is no need for us to think about.

Sincerely, Ju-chang He

SHENZHEN, P.R. CHINA Welcome to visit My Home Page at <http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/3058/> or <http://www.geocities.com/~juchang/>