Talkin Social Security

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Oct 20 09:11:30 PDT 1998

>Perhaps Max or someone else can point us to some similar online resource?
I've found bits and pieces of such info here & there, but would love to know about a concise central document.>

The best web site on Social Security is The Century Fund (formerly Twentieth Century Fund, and unaccountably designated 'American Century Fund' by greg nowell). Go to http://epn.org and branch out to TCF. Also try the Preamble Center (don't have the URL handy just now). Regarding myths, my colleague Dean Baker had a piece in The Atlantic laying down 9 myths about SS from the right. This is on the web too. You can find it with a search engine. Dean and our bud Mark Weisbrot of Preamble will have a book out on Soc Sec next summer, hopefully not too late.

The Urban Institute and Brookings have worthwhile stuff. They are soft on privatization but relatively objective in their analyses. Particularly good is Burtless and Bosworth's paper on the Brookings site (www.brookings.org).

MBS