gay bashing and class

K d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 20 10:57:46 PDT 1998

On another list, a woman who lives in the area wrote in to say that thankfully it was snowing that day and it discouraged the bashers from coming out in full force. Apparently, quite a bit of care was taken to make sure that these creeps were kept off church grounds. A good number of people showed up just to protect the family from having to see protesters by forming a human wall blocking them from view.

The whole homophobia--though I hate that word--and class thing was interesting to me for the same reasons Doug found it potentially enlightening. However, I too forwarded the article to LBO like Doug because it was also a very limited analysis: I wonder if anyone would have provided a similar analysis had it happened in San Fran? (BTW Doug someone was bummed that you and I did so b/c it was from the Detroit News: We're supporters of union busting firms you know.)