Tampa

K d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 20 12:00:02 PDT 1998

>Excuse me, SnitgirrRl, Flo, but Florida is not
the south.

Well fersure. But comparatively (central NY) it sho'nuf is for me.

Is cheese really snobby. I just want some sharp cheddar. $3 a lb in NY. But anyway.

>I went to school in Lakeland for a couple years.
The best pizza I ever had
>was at a place there called Jerry's. It was
rectangular and nice and
>greasy. People rave about the pizza at the
restarant I work in. The
>Pero's are from NY. But it's not as good as
Jerry's in Lakeland Fl.

I teach one nite per in Lakeland, as well as on the main campus. But good goddess I do believe I am entering a different world when I go to Lakeland. Disconcerting as all get out. Like I can't say Jesus or God or anything, even under my breath, or I get these LOOKS from folks. And I have a main campus student in the Lakeland class. I swear a fight is going to break out one of these nights. The class warfare--or rather intra class warfare is utterly astounding. Sheesh.

But I do LOVE these students in any event. Such a lively ones. And I about died when I discovered that 3/4 of my media/society students have marxist sympathies and four of them actually say they're marxists. Really. After teaching the Abercrombie and Fitch crowd I needed smelling salts. I like teaching the Target crowd much better.

So I thought you lived in Atlanta? You are right here in Tampa? I will be sure to stop at the Pizza place, though right now I'm in Largo (PIEnelles Co.) until the house closing.

And Frances, the New Yawk style pizza pie can be had at Leone's Pizzeria and Italian Eatery on Drew In PIE nellas. It's near SPJC I think.

>And BTW-SGl., doesn't K-mart just suck?

Yah, but the Martha Stewart stuff is luscious if you ask me. Not that I buy it, I just LOVE it that it's marketed at K-mart. A sure sign that Martha mania is no upper middle class phenom. I think also why I like the Big K is that I think Martha Stewart, herself, is luscious if you ask me. She's a hoot.

It's a good thang.

But Target. Now I'd been forewarned about Target. Specifically, I was told that Target had a distinctive smell shoe section. And, by god it does. It took me back to the old days before you could get fairly decent shoes at a discount dept. store. Yeeeow.

>And BTW again, go to a Jewish deli. Lot's of
those in Fl. with lots of
>good foods.

Yes, noticed this. Which is why I figured that the pizza couldn't be too bad.

Now, how about a decent bar with a decent pool table? I think that should cover my needs--pizza, beer, pool--for now.

Later, K