Brenner again

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 21 14:10:16 PDT 1998

Louis Proyect wrote:

>You seem to have the same bloodless
>attitude as Doug, who views such events as having the health-restoring
>character of a high-colonic or something.

A high colonic is an enema with an ideology, as Paul Krassner put it.

Lou, I know that millions of people in Asia are suffering unemployment, dislocation, poverty, and hunger. Unfortunately, from the point of view of capital accumulation this can be a good thing, since it potentially increases the rate of exploitation. And, from the point of view of the U.S. bourgeoisie, it makes Korea less of a potential competitor and more of a subsidiary. Am I not supposed to point that out because it's in bad taste?

Doug