Borders as a Civilizational Godsend

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Oct 23 09:29:03 PDT 1998

Re Greg's: "The fact of the matter is that getting people to READ ANYTHING is already a progessive act. I mean, even getting them to read a gardening book."

*Even* a gardening book! Please, I think that cultivating an appreciation of gardening is *at least* as important as cultivating one's intellect. Gardening is one of the key things I enjoy since I stopped living in New York City to become a commuter from the suburbs ... apart from not being under the thumb of Rudy Giuliani's regime.

Carl Remick