Borders, et al

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Fri Oct 23 12:59:52 PDT 1998

Ingrid Multhopp wrote:

> I've heard a lot of stupid a noxious comments in this
> whole Borders debate, but perhaps the worst (now
> that I've had my snit with the grrRl), is that the most appropriate and
> subversive thing we can do is to do all our shopping
> through Amazon.com.

I don't recall anybody saying anything of the sort. It's just that I like being able to go shopping for Angela Ionescu children tales, Miguel Delibes stories and a marine aquarium reference, all of it at the same place, and at a substantial discount, thanks to the stupidity and greed of investors. I don't delude myself that it has any political content whatsoever.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 758 8962 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique