Monopoly Bookstore Chains and Left Wing Magazines.

Tom Waters twaters at usit.net
Sat Oct 24 11:16:44 PDT 1998

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Carrol Cox wrote:

> As consumers we *are* individuals, individuals living the best as we can
> in this damn capitalist world. We make our decisions according to what
> is best for us
> as private persons. So we buy our books from borders, from wahrs, from
> hole-in-the-wall used book stores, wherever, just as we buy our food and
> our shoes and our x's and y's and z's on the same general principle.

We can choose to consume somehwat more collectively by buying from co-ops or -- with less convenience but more substantial cooperation -- buying clubs.

Tom

Thomas Waters twaters at usit.net 1021 East Oak Hill Avenue, Knoxville TN 37917 But this wall is not real. How can it be real? It's only made of concrete and barbed wire.