The Mother Thread

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 24 11:47:33 PDT 1998

Imagine, if you will, a world in time and space, where both men and women can get pregnant. They,d be built just as they are now, but they would all have wombs. Bye, bye, Peter-horse-fly. I think they should all have sperm and eggs. Conception would depend upon a mingling of sperm-ladden vaginal fluids. The resulting pregnancy could go either way. Or both!

Maybe there is a thousand year history of a time when mens wombs were not functional in this way. They just had the infra-structure. Of course, all human progress and technological development, ethical and religious constructions would have been concentrated on altering this situation.

I wonder, if this world, without the defensive, exposed phallus, would lead to a withering of the state. Or would the Universal Motherness of it, lead to a vicious defensivenes and territorial aggression on the part of the bigger, johnny-come-lately Mothers. Or not. Maybe the nation state develops as a response to the greater competition resulting from the development of Universal Motherness.

Would the birth rate be higher, because both sexes could get pregnant, or would it be lower because of the less targeted sperm-delivery system?

Or maybe the tongue delivers the sperm.

One thing seems pretty sure, The Mense, would hold great significance in this society.

Anybody remember the Lily Tomlin skit about what it would be like if men had periods. (sort of..." Vinnie, nobody can flow like I can flow. You should have seen the healthy gusher I had this month. Ya know, I been workin' out, man. The Mense Hall of Fame is reviewing my stats, ya know.")

Would the Diety be gendered in this world? What are the implied 'dialectics' of this world?

Genderationally yours pms