The political devolution of Alexander Cockburn

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Oct 25 04:35:35 PST 1998

Eric:

>This reminds of something. I am borrowing from Orwell here, but what the
>hell. During the Spanish Civil War, when the Communists had no intellectual
>or moral ground to stand on they resorted to lies, rumors, innuendo, and
>even threats against their enemies; all this was in order to convice the
>people of the Republic of the wisdom of their policies. Lies, innuendo, and
>threats were their only hope, and they used it brilliantly. Mr. Proyect is
>like those Communists. The difference here, though, is that he does have
>some ground to stand on; apparently, though, he would rather result to the
>easy name-calling and threatening than defend himself intellectually.
>
>ps sorry about the bad writing; this was written after my first sips of
>alcohol in three weeks.

Don't apologize. Your writing is quite tasty. I love getting under people's skin, just as Cockburn does. Being called a phallocentric Stalinist is a new one on me. In other mailing lists, I have been called a Stalinist countless times. But the phallocentrism is a new one on me. I only wish it was true. It would help my social life.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)