Recipe: Universal Red Sauce for Reds (fwd)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Thu Oct 29 14:41:10 PST 1998

Didn't want anyone to miss out on discussion greg and I are having re: URSR.

frances ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:35:17 -0500 From: Greg Nowell <GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu> To: "Frances Bolton (PHI)" <fbolton at CHUMA.CAS.USF.EDU> Subject: Re: Recipe: Universal Red Sauce for Reds

I'm not a big fan of cloves, outside of ham, so if you want to venture into that domain you are taking the recipe into new areas "beyond my ken." I use tons of fresh garlic (which is an alternative, and even better) but somehow they look wrong stewing amongst all those onions. Anyhow my cuisine is a mixture of sound practices and laziness, and I don't always go for the fresh spices. But cloves are not in my repertoire. Maybe I should give them a try. -gn

Frances Bolton (PHI) wrote:

> Thanks for the recipe, Greg. it was the first post I've read all the way
> through in days.
>
> I have to ask, why do you use garlic powder instead of fresh minced
> cloves?
>
> frances

-- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298