thread themes on outlawing fascistic racist speech

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Thu Oct 29 15:05:22 PST 1998

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Charles Brown wrote:

> Although, my thesis might
> not outlaw _The Bell Curve_
> because it is only racist and
> not fascistically racist ,you are a weirdo,
> if you actually FEEL offense at the idea of
> outlawing that despicable book.
> This is exactly the liberal
> emotion that places more value on
> freedom of thought (it's a book
> with that sacred thing called
> "thought" in it) than
> freedom from racism. Of course
> for philosophical idealists, thought
> is primary and sacred, any thought.
>
> Charles Brown
>
> Detroit

Here, maybe I push you over the edge into absolute raving madness. But please, take your BP medication, I would not want to be responsible for physical harm to come to you. Maybe a Vallium too.

I own a copy of the Bell Curve and have read it. I bought at a used store as I didn't wish to send royalties to the authors. I read this book so that I would be able to argue against its ideas when confronted by them. I am far better prepared to refute the garbage in that book having actually read it.

But I'm sure you wouldn't want to be confused by the facts. As for the rest of your misrepresentation of my views (of which you know precious little) -- whatever. I'm sorry that your ability to detect irony or metaphor is so impaired that you think I accused you of belonging to a church.

Go ahead and have the last swipe at your distortions of my views, I won't sue, I think libel and slander laws are wrong.

I remain,

Boggled in Houston.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com