Mickey protected!

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 30 08:41:41 PST 1998

At 08:27 AM 10/30/98 -0800, you wrote:
>K wrote:
>
>> Did you see the piece on property rts in the Atlantic Monthly of
>> a month or two ago? Thought- provoking. I used it in class and
>> it stirred up quite a bit of discussion. If you'd like a copy
>> I'll send it on.
>
>Yes. Please do, or at least give me an exact reference.

The Atlantic article on intellectual property and computers is online at:

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/98sep/copy.htm

It is a powerful attack on Gates, Disney, Time-Warner and company. Atlantic Monthly is interesting. Their entire issue is always online and they seem to believe that this is the wave of the future. I have been reading the magazine lately and it seems to be getting better and better. There was a terrific article on Cuba that I posted to PEN-L that originated in the Atlantic. What's interesting is that when I went to the PEN-L archives to have a look at it, it was gone. I have a feeling that Don Roper might have deleted it to keep CSF out of trouble, even if Atlantic Monthly itself is on record against this form of free speech infringement.

Louis Proyect