No subject

C. Petersen ottilie at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 1 19:41:40 PDT 1998

I was eating dinner at the same table with 3 UC Berkeley economics grad students and I thought it would be an interesting opportunity, but they didn't seem to have any particular opinions on the stock market situation (totally unpredictable, let's not talk about that), and they didn't know who Ayn Rand was, and the one I was mainly talking to didn't know what libertarianism is. He was just interested in finance and how fast various other students are making it through grad school, and issues completely unrelated to what I'm interested by.