grinding through: same-o same-o cycles,blood, profits, accumu lation, inequity

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Wed Sep 2 06:55:27 PDT 1998

Re Greg Nowell's: "The Wall Street establishment has been more intelligent than members on this list give it credit for. "

They're brilliant manipulators all right, but then again, they were brilliant manipulators in the events leading to 1929. The system wasn't destroyed then, of course, but it took a rather extreme remedy -- WWII -- to get things perking again. This is not to trivialize Greg's points. On the contrary, his is the most eloquent statement I've encountered of why THE END is not in the offing; that said, Mark Jones' response is also excellent. This is perhaps the best exchange I've seen in my admittedly limited time on this list.

Carl Remick