The Doctrine of Inevitability

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Sep 2 14:56:04 PDT 1998

>I think deflation would also help those locked into wage contracts and
fixed incomes. Since real income is a function of money income divided by costs, if costs go down, real incomes will increase.....and they are about to pension me off, yeah!>

Go ahead and live it up, you plutocrat. But my understanding is that defined benefit pensions, which seems to be what you're talking about, are going the way of the dodo bird, in favor of defined contributions which give the slightly more fortunate among us a shaky piece of the rock.

MBS