Kautsky parle

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Thu Sep 3 06:12:45 PDT 1998

Re Greg Nowell's: "Here in the US, if I say to a waitress (outside of NYC or other areas where they might be grad students): there is bloodshed at the bottom of this coffee cup, I appear to her to be insane. If I say to my mechanic, you are the victim of the auto oligarchy, he will think the same thing."

Actually, I could have quoted just about any passage from Greg's post. The whole thing blew me away -- very, very eloquent and painful. I was reminded of Wallace Shawn's "The Fever," another powerful statement of the hopeless sense of complicity any sentient person has to feel today.

Carl Remick