Kemp=goldbug

Jon Fine jonfine at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 3 04:13:53 PDT 1998

I don't know why, but I've been reading Bob Novak's Chicago Sun-Times column religiously. Well, actually I do know why: He's so plugged-in he gets dope no one else does, and he's so bitter and paleolithic he feels little need to sugarcoat anything he says. Plus, he's easily as goodlooking as Matt Drudge. <coughs>

At any rate--Jack Kemp wrote Greenspan pressing him to return to the gold standard:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/novak/novak01.htm.

Suspect there's many here better at judging the significance/weirdness/hilarity of this than I am. Can someone put this in context for the rest of us?

me, I've always allied myself with the Free Silver movement. Not that I have any idea what it stands for, just that I think walking around shouting "free silver" sounds cool.

fifty-four forty or fight, jf