Raising the Bar

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Thu Sep 3 16:17:27 PDT 1998

Dear Doug and the Left Business Observers,

Now would be, and, should be the time to really push for a global minimum wage, global health and safety standards and the abolishment of child labor. Can anyone think of a better way to pump up world wide demand and insure economic prosperity in a deflationary world economy.

It may have been Louis or Doug who wrote somthing to the effect that people around the world are getting tired of eating tree bark. Last night at our monthly union business meeting our staff rep Bill Mitchell stated it somthing like this, " we know about the babies being born without brains because of the pollution in the Macquilladoras(sp) and we know its coming this way." If we let corporations get away with it, then its our own damn fault!

Sincerely, Tom