Kautsky parle

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Sep 4 06:25:11 PDT 1998

Re Alex's: "Making ideas accessible to the 'masses' is important, but it shouldn't be done through faux-populism."

As I've said here before, the Internet, as it becomes increasingly accessible, should be very valuable in doing this. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I wonder if the heavy media play being given to that recent Web study -- the one that suggests spending time in cyberspace can make you depressed -- is being fueled by an Establishment recognition of the Web's pro-populist potential.

Carl Remick