Kautsky parle sur le Net

RE earnest at tallynet.com
Fri Sep 4 06:44:15 PDT 1998

As far as I can tell - the study was funded by likely web boosters who expected counterdepressive effects - the between group differences were tiny, and only significant due to the sample size

Still, because the results were presented in the usual "ignore all subtleties" manner -- thereby justifying blowing more than a million on the study -- I'm sure that if the results play out at all at a popular level it will be to discourage net use. "Sarah, get off that thing, you're weakening your network by as much as 2.6 acquaintances."

Randy Earnest