Kautsky parle

Alex LoCascio locascioa at labornet.org
Fri Sep 4 00:58:41 PDT 1998

Rakesh Bhandari wrote:
> Now each of these expressions would have to be discussed and rediscussed
> (I did not attempt to explain any of these concepts in my post): value,
> proletariat, fetishism, surplus and necessary labor, absolute and relative
> surplus value, the organic composition of capital and whether it is really
> reflected in the capital-output ratio.

I don't mean to stray from the discussion (and it's a good one), but can anyone recommend a fairly reliable dictionary of Marxist terms? I have a book called the Columbia Dictionary of Literary and Cultural Criticism, which explains some terms, like Hegemony and Base/Superstructure, but I'm looking for something specifically Marxist.

And Rakesh, what is the name of Mattick's critique of Marcuse? I'd like to check it out.