Jim Devine's interpretation of Marx on interest rates

Christopher Niggle niggle at jasper.uor.edu
Fri Sep 4 11:43:57 PDT 1998

In the context of a thread re Summers' comments on the asian crisis, Jim Devine laid out his interpretation of Marx's Volume III views on interest rate determination and asked if anyone had looked at that text recently. I have, and Jim seems to have it pretty right. My interpretation of Marx's 19th century financial market analysis is that he comes to conclusions pretty close to Keynes and Minsky.

Chris Niggle