State of Working America, 1998-99

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Sat Sep 5 06:26:06 PDT 1998

Our release of "The State of Working America" will be on Labor Day, as usual (every other year). For those unfamiliar, this is a compendium of data in accessible form -- tables, charts, and accompanying, explanatory text -- of all things pertaining to the material standard of living of working people in the U.S. There are some int'l tables too.

Available at no charge will be an introduction and executive summary (for all you executives out there). These can be downloaded from our web site (http://epinet.org) at no charge. They are in PDF files. The complete galley version is for sale, for about $10. E-mail our publications person for details (publications at epinet.org).

Because data that comes out this fall is used to update the numbers we publish, the final version of the book is not available until Jaunary.

The authors are Larry Mishel, John Schmitt, and Jared Bernstein.

MBS