Gore

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Sep 7 05:33:57 PDT 1998

Chris Burford:
>What looks like a personal issue is actually indirectly a class issue.
>
>My assumptions are that the two-party bougeois electoral system has to be
>reformed with pressure basically from *outside* those two parties, but it
>is worth looking at the contradictions within them.

You still don't understand it, do you. There are contradictions within the capitalist class such as those represented by agribusiness and the tourist industry, which are actually quite serious. In Clinton's home state, Tyson Poultry has become wealthy at the expense of the state's rivers and ponds, which have become chicken cesspools. The purpose of the state is to resolve these sorts of contradictions. The state is the executive committee of the ruling class.

Your problem is that you interpret books and speeches of ruling class politicians as meaningful. This is anti-Marxist. The whole purpose of such books and speeches is to bamboozle the public. If anything, the correct approach is to read the books and speeches of Gore as a clue to figure out what they stand for by reversing everything that is stated.

For example, if Gore says that tobacco causes cancer, then it is a good idea to buy tobacco stocks on margin if he looks like he is going to be elected. If Gore pledges an an end to nuclear weapons, then I'd dig a big fallout shelter in my backyard and stock up on food and water. Get it?

Buford, your problem is that you are a liberal who has read enormous quantities of Karl Marx. Your best bet is to read less Karl Marx and develop more of a class analysis of bourgeois society.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)