Marxism 101

Edward E Skiba us020492 at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 8 21:36:19 PDT 1998

>Books by Laurence Harris, Ben Fine, Ernest Mandel, and perhaps especially
Roman >Rosdolsy's THE MAKING OF MARX'S CAPITAL, would be added to my list...

It has been twenty years since I was in college but during that time I became familiar with the name Roman Rosdolsky through the footnotes in Mandel's LATE CAPITALISM and also through references in whatever else I was reading at the time. I was told by my learned mentors and distinguished professors that since Rosdolsky published in the obscure Flemish chances of obtaining a translation of his work was nil. Rosdolsky felt there was some type of logical problem with considering the value of skilled labor as a multiple of simple labor. I have never seen this issue addressed before and I know no details of his arguements. If anyone on this list can shed some light on this subject it would help clear up a long-standing mystery for me.

sincerely--ED