Marxism 101

Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net
Wed Sep 9 13:52:54 PDT 1998

>> _The Manifesto of the Communist Party_ by Marx and Engels.

>> _Capital_ by Marx,

well, since we are on about the 101 level, i am looking for the 'best' biography i can find on dear ole Karl M. Any recommendations?

i have the one by Isaiah berlin, called, uhhhhh, Karl Marx. i am looking for something more in depth -- childhood, university experience (he's clearly a well read and eclectic kinda guy), family life, etc etc. i understand from the berlin book that teenager Karl had an older adult friend who he used to walk with and discuss anything and everything. i am interested in hearing more of those kinds of tidbits about K.'s development.

sorry: comments in this case about cult-of-personalities will be discared on sight.

-- ____ Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net ___| --->> Engineering R&D <<--- Theoretical & Applied Mechanics | Designspring, Inc. Center for Radiophysics & Space Research | Westport, CT USA Cornell Univ. schaffer at tam.cornell.edu | les at designspring.com