Sundry: Kolko, WSJ, Clinton & the

alec ramsdell a_ramsdell at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:02:32 PDT 1998

Greg Nowell writes:

>2. Regarding the republicans and Clinton, I am
>reminded of how I used to vote when I lived in the Bay
>Area. I would buy a copy of the Chronicle and look at
>their recommendations, and then vote opposite. It
>worked every time.

That's rougly what the Gaurdian, in it's own progressive limits, advocated for the June Primary Elections. Anyone here in SF: why are the Examiner and the Chronicle still nominally distinct, when they're really the same paper? On Sunday they are the same paper.

>3. And to respond to Doug's question of a few days
>ago, am I for or against blowjobs, I would have to say,
>as a political matter, that leaders with their fingers
>on the nuclear button should be well laid. That goes
>for women too. I don't want anyone with hormonally
>clogged vapors in the brain making decisions to blow us
>up. Better they should be blown.

Man, I've been wound tight these past few days thinking about this. Thanks. I'm much better now.

-Alec