Theo-Economy

Paul Henry Rosenberg rad at gte.net
Sat Sep 12 10:34:28 PDT 1998

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Tom Lehman wrote:
>
> >The market is closing up today. Does that mean the market "likes" our
> >nation's tragedy?
>
> The official line is that they're relieved there was nothing new in the
> report. To me, what's new is what an imperious jerk Clinton was with Monica
> - like a guy whose idea of foreplay is a snap of the fingers followed by
> pointing groinwards. At least with Gennifer he was a generous giver. Is
> this what power does?

What else?

If you ask me, it's EXACTLY what we should have expected.

How well it correlates with his treatment of welfare mothers.

How perfectly it embodies his attitude toward the Democratic base of wokmen, labor, gays and lesbians, environmentralists, etc.

So, I reiterate -- what else did we POSSIBLY expect???

-- Paul Rosenberg Reason and Democracy rad at gte.net

"Let's put the information BACK into the information age!"