Tampa billboards (Re: Rush Limbaugh Wet Dream 1: Ressentiment )

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Sep 14 13:40:24 PDT 1998

> Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
> >Having said that, however, I do not find Clinton's behavior unusual, at
> >least in a statistical sense. I strongly suspect that the great majority
> >of men would do exactly the same thing if they were in Slick Willy's shoes.
>
> Well yeah, and isn't that the case because of the structural nature of
> male-female relations, and shouldn't Marxists and other radicals agitate
> about that?
>
> Doug

I guess I'm in a minority here, but I don't see any oppression. Monica gave him a blow-job because she wanted to feel important. And she did -- more important than should would have felt doing anything else. Willie wanted a blow-job for the reasons that everyone does. Plus it made him feel important. And Hillary has put up with this from him for years because she wanted power. Which she's gotten. In terms of respect and reponsibility, she's been treated better than that any first lady in history and has probably gotten more exchange value out of her marriage than any first wife in Washington.

So what exactly is the problem besides a reincarnated Cotton Mather persecuting the president on technicalities and trying to overthrow a lawful election?

Willie's a shit because his policies stink. But his relations with his groupies have no more to do with oppression than Stings. By and large, groupies get exactly want they want, and they aren't any more traumatized by their early sexual misadventures than the rest of us are by ours. Until you try to throw them in jail for it, that is.

Michael