Grant sez..

Gary Bramstedt gbfoto at best.com
Mon Sep 14 13:40:19 PDT 1998

>Sometime in early 1997, I think, Jim Grant, editor of Grant's Interest Rate
>Observer, tired of being labeled as the permabear he was, and resolved to
>include at least one bullish recommendation in each issue of his
>newsletter. What did he recommend? Asian and Russian stocks. After Asia
>cracked, he confessed that his recommendations actually did worse than the
>averages. Just got the latest issue of Grant's, and he's high on gold now.
>
>Deflation anyone?
>
>Doug
>

>Hello Doug Henwood:

(Oh, nooooo.... I just moved into a gold fund...)

On Friday 11 September, near the end of Pacifica radio's DEMOCRACY NOW, I caught the last few minutes of a discussion about revoking certain corporate charters on a state-by-state basis. Sounds like fun... Do you have any info available about this??? Sounds like a perfect grass-roots issue to get involved in...

Your lbo-talk list is great...

GLB