Book?? (Brett)

Juliana Shearer julie at siliconengines-ltd.com
Wed Sep 16 10:39:20 PDT 1998

Peter Kilander posted sometime last week while I was too busy to reply:

"Here's an excerpt from a book I'm reading where a guy, named "Guy," is pondering ecological degradation: 'Hard to explain that one away, hard to justify it - to the young (Guy meant), to those who would come after. How would you begin? Well, we suspected that sacrifices might have to be made, later, for all the wonderful times we had with our spray cans and junk-food packaging. We knew there’d be a price. Admittedly, to you, the destruction of the o-zone layer looks a bit steep. But don’t forget how good it was for us: our tangy armpits, our piping hamburgers.'"

What book are you reading, anyway?