Japan's economy in free fall

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at primenet.com
Thu Sep 17 23:08:53 PDT 1998

Hello everyone,

Mark why don't you make this bet worth Max's time, a bottle of Lagavulin. Who cares about Russian rubles? Dried Russian rubles?

Mark Jones Friday Sept 18,98: "But today the FT estimates that the true Japanese bad debt problem is even worse, and at $1.21 bn is now approaching 30% of GDP."

Doyle ????$1.21bn???? I've heard different stories, but I think they can handle 1.2 billion. And don't they have socked away something like 7 trillion $. What I wonder is if the Japanese think they can manage while the U.S. gets a taste of stock market jitters.

Doyle So I think because of this sort of accounting error Mark you ought to at least offer Max Lagavulin odds. 2 to 1?

regards, Doyle Saylor