Brenner on competition

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Sep 18 09:01:23 PDT 1998

>Max wrote:
>>though nobody would regret the loss
>>of the Soviet system in and of itself,
>>I would imagine.
>
>Are you sure? That the Soviet Union wasn't any workers' paradise doesn't
prevent Russian workers from comparing the current economic collapse with what existed before and judging the latter favorably, without any illusions.

Hi Yosh. Where ya been? Missed you.

I don't disagree that Russian workers are worse off right now than they were before Gorby. Fortunately for us all, there are probably better alternatives, and it was with respect to the latter possibilities that I alluded to the limits of the Soviet system.

Cheers,

MBS