The Amityville Pentium

Thu Sep 24 14:05:26 PDT 1998

It was the secret agents of the

fascists for privatizing Social Security that stole some of your data.

Charles Brown

>From the market to the Marxit

>>> Max Sawicky <sawicky at epinet.org> 09/02 1:22 PM >>>

> >> you gettin up the nerve to do linux?
>
> Max> Yeah, real soon now. Hopefully October.
>
>give a holler if'n you need a hand.....

I will for sure. Thanks for the offer. While I have you, let me flag a note I am also posting to the list.

yesterday I was sitting in front of my machine engaged in my usual pastime, writing rebuttals to Louis P., and without warning my modem issued a dial tone, dialed a number, and connected to somewhere. I frantically hit the little gizmo in the 'tray' on the bottom right of Win 98 and all it told me was that it transferred a couple of thousand bytes. Then it went off, and that was it.

Is there any way to find out where it dialed and what it sent and/or received?

Max