NP and fusion again ( was Re: converts to the left)

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Sep 25 13:02:40 PDT 1998

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Max Sawicky wrote:

> Terms like 'annihiliation' only serve political
> defeatism and alienation, masquerading as
> 'more militant than thou.' Every time I see
> this I'm going to squash it like a bug. To
> me it's no different than telling people
> politics is a waste of time.

No, politicking with the Dumbocrats is a waste of time. But rowdying the rabble via Labor/the Green Party or organizing unions or charting out the exact dimensions of the vast transfer of wealth from the poor and middle-classes to the rich is time well spent indeed. Just ask Gerhard Schroeder, who's gonna become Chancellor thanks solely to those defeatist, alienated, and annihilationistic Greens.

-- Dennis