Promoting mass purchasing power

John K. Taber jktaber at onramp.net
Fri Sep 25 16:26:25 PDT 1998

James Devine wrote:

> these
>
> Brad wrote: >>For God's sake why?
>
> >>Each defeat of the (relatively) left candidate moves the terrain of
> >>political engagement a bit further to the right...
>
> Max writes:
> >Because the ultra-left case is so weak
> >it needs neo-fascism to which to compare
> >favorably.
>
> >Unfortunately, at that point the ultra-left
> >will cease utterly to exist, along with not
> >a few of the rest of us. But first things
> >first!
>
> Max, why the spate of sectarianism? who are these "ultra-leftists" you're
> criticizing? why, specifically, are they wrong?

For me it's pretty simple. The SPD put itself on record in the Bundestag that if it wins it will roll back some of the anti- Sozialversicherung legislation of the conservative Koalition. For that reason I'm cheering for the SPD.

-- Those are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others.

--Groucho Marx