friedrich list, PROPHET OF NATIONAL POWER - of LDCs - Less Developed Countries

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Sep 26 12:30:48 PDT 1998

Rakesh:
>Louis, you still have not commented on whether Neumann was wrong to
>argue that List's memorandum was anticipatory of the geopolitics of Mein
>Kampf. You have tried to ridicule me for thinking that Neumann had a
>point but in terms of a refutation of Neumann's argument, I don't think
>you have had much too say.

Of course I think it was wrong. How many times do I have to make this point. There are no "geopolitics" of Mein Kampf. I would as soon try to do an exegesis of Mein Kampf in order to pinpoint List's influence, as I would trudge through the speeches of Lyndon Larouche to find his intellectual antecedents. It would be the same thing as that wonderful scene in "Trainspotting" when the lead character jumps headfirst into a grotty looking toilet in order to retrieve a suppository full of heroin that he shat.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)