Friedrich List, agent of industrial bourgeois in temperate countries

Arno Mong Daastøl arnomd at online.no
Sun Sep 27 02:51:45 PDT 1998

To shortcut: I agree that List is an "agent" of the industrial bourgeois in the "Temperate Zone" and that there are flaws attached to this concerning the rights of labour and countries of the "Torrid Zone".

But I do not think that this makes him uninteresting: There is a lot to be learnt from him concerning the foundation for economic development. And developing countries have wisely often chosen to disregard his views in this matter and chosen from List precisely this foundation: Germany, pre-rev. Russia, Japan, S-Korea, today's China etc.

Arno Mong Daastøl Utsiktsveien 34, N-1410 Kolbotn, Norway Ph: +47.6680 6373 / 6680 6523, Mobile: +47.9002 4956 Fax and Voice Box: +47.94035650, PC-Fax: +47.6680 6373 Email: arno at daastol.com URL: http://daastol.com ICQ # 11869628

PhD Cand. Department of Public Economics, University of Maastricht SUM - Centre for Development and Environment, University of Oslo