Southern Perceptions

J Cullen reporter at eden.com
Sun Sep 27 11:27:59 PDT 1998

I can see how somebody might think the New York Times is liberal. But the Dallas Morning News? Only somebody who was raised on perhaps the Oklahoma City Daily Oklahoman might consider the Dallas Morning News to be liberal. However, they do employ black columnists, which might be what your colleague considers a liberal manifestation.

I agree with you that people get their information from churches to a much greater degree than some of us might think, and at some point a preacher might have pointed out some article in the Dallas Morning News as proof that even that newspaper was soiled with liberal taint.

I just don't understand how such people could read very far into the New Testament without throwing it down in disgust at its liberal teachings.

-- Jim Cullen

---------------------------------------- THE PROGRESSIVE POPULIST James M. Cullen, Editor P.O. Box 150517, Austin, Texas 78715-0517 Phone: 512-447-0455 Internet: populist at usa.net Home page: http://www.eden.com/~reporter ----------------------------------------