Krugman in New Republic

michael at ecst.csuchico.edu michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun Sep 27 14:35:34 PDT 1998

> Speaking of which, does anyone here have that paragraph from Keynes's
> preface to the German edition of the General Theory, suppressed by the

> editors of his collected works, in which he flatters the Nazis? I used to
> have it, but now I can't find it.

Schefold, Bertram. 1980. "The General Theory for a totalitarian states? a note on Keynes's preface to the German edition of 1936." Cambridge Journal of Economics, Vol. 4, No. 4 (June): pp. 175-6 He cites German edition in which K. says that the GT is "more easily adapted to the conditions of a totalitarian state".

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu