Japanese Banks

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 27 19:05:20 PDT 1998

Hi ya'll-

Can someone tell me what it means to us that the Japanese guv is llending the banks US Treasuries to use as collateral to borrow money. Anything other than it's gonna make the markets happy?

And how can Japanese land have so little value when the place is so small? Did they really go that crazy? Forget I asked that.

Also, for weeks I've been searching Fund sites for what I want, and now that it's really to late, I need to ask if anyone can tell me a well-run fund that invests in Japanese blue-chips, and hopefully owns a lot of Toyota? Sorry to be so gauche, but I've tried everywhere else I can think of.

Anyway back to the banks, I can't decide if I think it sounds like a wild Ponzie scheme, or something that could cause a big bang for the US somewhere on down the road?

John K:

>Once, somebody told him the media is "lib'rul" and he clings
>to the notion. Who was that somebody? I'm now working on the
>suspicion that it was the Southern churches.

Reading John post in light of the current economic situation, it seems to me that this is a perfect time for a chorus of left/liberal condemnation of the conservative/reactionary(dare we?) media that's been hiding so much from them that they've lost their retirement money, or something like that. The reactionary forces are in the church, and a lot of other places. The right is brilliant in forming it's chorus. It's got more voices than these evening crickets. But I really feel talk radio did it. That's where the preachers ear is too. Limbaugh sure, but also Uncle Ken Hamlin(the white people really love this guy. So how can they be racists? He fulfills so many needs. What have we got? That Katherine Von Whatever jumping down everybody's throats. Funny, the only local left/liberal talk host I remember in Atlanta( gone many years) also used to jump dowm people's throats. People who agreed with him! And then you got a million local Limbaughs. We really need the Fairness Doctrine back. I bet that was an interesting battle.? TedL(Mr. Liberal) Turner owns CNN, right? CNN AM is nothing but one right wing wacho after another. Anybody know if he's gotten any flack about this?

gnight

"I love what you do for me... "

pms