Columbia Journalism Review Writeup on Scaife

John K. Taber jktaber at onramp.net
Mon Sep 28 19:17:07 PDT 1998

You all might be interested in reading Karen Rothmyer's writeup on Richard Mellon Scaife. See _Citizen Scaife_ at

http://www.cjr.org/year/81/4/scaife.asp

However, to get the links for parts 2-5 and the "sidebar", do a search for "scaife".

She tried very hard to interview him, and finally cornered him leaving the Union Club. She asked him:

"Mr. Scaife, could you explain why you give so much money to the

New Right?"

"You fucking Communist cunt, get out of here."

-- I've been able to string more words into fewer ideas than anybody I know, and I'm continuing to do that.

- Alan Greenspan to the Senate Budget Committee, Sept 23, 1998