It Ain't Easy Bein Green

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Tue Sep 29 10:09:27 PDT 1998

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, I wrote in response to Louis,

> >Actually, Louis, the NM Greens were working on a living wage initiative.

In response, Louis goes on the attack:

> What is the point of this? I was stating that the Greens do not go around
> making demands that wages be reduced. A living wage initiative is not a
> demand that wages be reduced. It is a demand that they be raised

I point out to Louis the error of his ways: Well, in that case, what you mean and what you say are different things. Because what you *said* was, "Greens never say anything about workers income." My point was, I hope this is clearer this time, you are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

I then got a little snotty:

And that pissed off Louis, who said:
> I have no friends. I hate everybody, especially academics.

My desire to come up with the perfect biting parting shot is outweighed by my desire to finish my cup of coffee (from Peet's--delicious!)

Cheers, Frances