The Safety Net, Cont'd

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Sep 30 08:53:11 PDT 1998

I thought I would scrape together some figures on the trends in aid to the poor to temper the notions of 'annihiliation' and 'barbarism,' and today found out it has already been done. Interested parties are referred to the Urban Institute web site, and specifically to "Devolution As Seen from the Budget," by Gene Steuerle and Gordon Mermin. The URL is:

http://newfederalism.urban.org/html/anf_a2.htm

(note if you are retyping there is an underscore between 'anf' and 'a2' near the end of the address.)

MBS