It Ain't Easy Bein Green

bautiste at uswest.net bautiste at uswest.net
Wed Sep 30 17:21:01 PDT 1998

We are going on the fact that wages have stagnated over the last 20 years, remaining level with regard to inflation. He is saying it in this context, as well as the context of CEO salaries rising over 200% during the same period. He is saying that, were the minimum wage to have remained in pace with inflation, it would be about this amount. Of course, he is also saying that everyone's wages/salaries should have been rising during the same period. "Realistically," he is calling for a minimum wage of $9/hour.

chuck miller

-- http://www.users.uswest.net/~bautiste/index.htm