Treatment of GI's

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Apr 2 10:09:57 PST 1999

The front page of the LA Times has a picture of the three captured GIs with Clintons warning to the Serbs "Don't mistreat U.S. GIs."

Thousands of people are being bombed and mistreated by NATO agression and he says this. It is so disgustingly American, so ethnocentric. We can ignore all the dead and dying from the escalation of this conflict, and all the Iraqi people and the Kurds and the Timorese not being mistreated to focus on 3 GIs because they are Americans.

We have a very sick self-centered national consciousness which is why Clinton can act so aggressively and most people in the country will just continue to watch their favorite shows on TV from the comfort of their homes, drink their beers or have their three martini lunches and removie themselves from any consideration that there is hypocrisy in this "humanitarian" bombing.

Marta Russell