demographics

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 2 13:05:51 PST 1999

Doug:
>>I simply note here that this "Pro-Serb-Nationalism"/"Pro-Milosevic" Baiting
>>has happened less often on three other left-political-elists I'm subbed to.
>>The difference does say something about this list's subscriber demographics.
>
>Oh really? What does it say? It probably also says something about the
>demographics of the other lists too.

Surely. BTW, Chris Burford (who called me 'social fascist' on this list--egad!) is keeping up his work in support of NATO military actions on Lou's list, annoying the hell out of folks over there. So, it's not that the others are solidly anti-imperialist, but it is clear that there have been much more pro-bombing voices + personality-focused posts ('Milo, Milo, Milo') that displace historical, geopolitical, & economic explanations + silly analogies that compare the current Yugo crisis to WW2 and fascism that are designed to put a progressive face on US/NATO actions. Quite disgusting, actually.

Also, it's striking that I can get little info here about anti-war actions elsewhere + discussions about how to build anti-war actions, in which I'm most interested in. (Well, maybe it's good that the pro-bombers are staying at home, doing nothing.)

Anyway, I'm rather tired of comments such as this: "I'm sorry if Yoshie thinks everybody is picking on poor old Milo too much," whose implications are explained in my post entitled *"Pro-Serb-Nationalism"/"Pro-Milosevic" Baiting*. Time to look for unsub info, I guess.

Yoshie