Yoshie, welcome to American politics.

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sat Apr 3 14:38:17 PST 1999

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

>From reading Yoshie's stuff, it sounds to me like, Yoshie is making some
real friends and pals in Columbus.

There are all kinds of people caught up in this Yugoslavian Affair. Slavish Americans are not characters out of an Upton Sinclair or similar novel anymore. They are attorneys, medical doctors, CPAs, etc. etc. and hold all sorts of interesting jobs in American industry and labor.

Because Clinton, Gore and their advisors know nothing of Slavish Americans they think that they can engage in Slavophobic propaganda and get away with it. Let's face there is not a big Slavish vote in Arkansas or Tennessee, nor are there a large number of Eastern Rite churches and various Slavish nationality clubs in Arkansas and Tennessee like there are in the Northern States.

What's more I seriously doubt that Clinton and Gores' top level policy advisors in this affair can even hold their own certain ethnic vote if things get worse.

Your email pal,

Tom L.

Yoshie has pointed out